Passwords have always been a popular topic for discussion in IT security. What are the guidelines? Which characters have to be included? How often do you have to change it? What about the procedure if you forget your password?
About Steve König
This author hasn't written their bio yet.
Steve König has contributed 5 entries to our website, so far.
An experienced AD administrator uses the PowerShell cmdLets „Get-ADUser“ and „Set-ADUser“ for many automated processes in the domain.
Sometimes it can be necessary to change the network structure of the virtual machines in Azure, e.g. to move VMs into a virtual network for the setting up of VPNs. To do so, the internal, static IP of the respective VMs needs to be changed.
If a company grows, the Active Directory proportionally grows with it. New groups, organizational units, group policies, users and computer…– even an experienced admin will have difficulties with keeping an eye on everything. Our free tool FirstWare-AD Inspector 2015 helps you keeping the overview. Run various queries against your Active Directory and save the reports […]
In its February-Patch, Microsoft covers an important security gap which allows attackers to execute malicious code on user PCs. It concerns the function for executing batch-files and scripts – e.g. during logon to a client – on all Windows client- and server-systems (since Windows Vista/ Windows Server 2003). That gap, caused by reloading scripts and […]
- Creating an individual random password with PowerShell
- Retrieve Active Directory subnets with PowerShell
- Editing users of other domains – with PowerShell
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain
- IsMember – Check group membership in Active Directory
- Dynamic OU Groups – Assign Permissions to OUs
- Mobile Video Streaming Server with Windows 10
- AD Administration in the new Azure Portal