Updating of DNS records in the Active Directory. Lately, I was asked for advice about why DNS records in Active Directory were not updated with the current IP-address during the reinstallation of PC’s.
About Hannes Siefert
This author hasn't written their bio yet.
Hannes Siefert has contributed 14 entries to our website, so far.
Problem with moving files to NTFS volume: – Files disappear after moving– Denial of access when user is only authorized in the target-directory Here, we provide you with a detailed solution including an example, screenshots and the ACL settings.
To quickly change an attribute of a user, I assume everyone has used the search function of the „Active Directory Users and Computers”- console. People who use are probably annoyed like me, that the Attribute Editor tab can’t be found when opening a user via search.: Normally you would submit to this ‘feature‘ and manually […]
During the migrations of user profiles at a customer’s, we came across an interesting fact: The user running the copy process became the owner of the folder in the target by default. However our tool was supposed to set the ownership on the AD user who owned the folder before the migration.
- Nesting groups in Active Directory
- Create home directory and grant permissions with PowerShell
- Creating an individual random password with PowerShell
- Retrieve Active Directory subnets with PowerShell
- Editing users of other domains – with PowerShell
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain
- IsMember – Check group membership in Active Directory
- Dynamic OU Groups – Assign Permissions to OUs