With DISM.exe you can only upgrade Windows Server licenses, e.g. from Windows Server 2012 Standard to Windows Server 2012 Datacenter. In this article, I am going to show you how to downgrade a Windows 2012 license. As an example, I am going to use the downgrade from Datacenter to Standard.
For some time now I assist a customer with his Global Request Management. People repeatedly ask me the following questions: How much RAM can Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition and Windows 2012 R2 Standard Edition manage? Which server edition supports Microsofts Failover Cluster? Which server edition do I need to use the option of DFS […]
Microsoft introduced Work Folders with Windows Server 2012 R2. Since a few weeks it is also possbile to use Work Folders in Windows 7.
In the last couple of weeks some of our customers repeatedly had strange problems with a disabled firewall service. Do not disable the service of Windows Firewall. Better switch the “Firewall state” to off instead.
Last week I faced the easy task to activate LDAPs on Windows Server 2008 R2 domain controllers. One of the applications required an encrypted LDAP connection, because password changes are done via LDAP. I thought: Hey, that’s easy – just create a server certificate for the DC, import the certificate for the computer account under […]
At a customer’s I faced the task of having to configure an account with Autologon for a Windows Server 2008 R2.The last time I had done this was for a Windows 2003 Server. I had to realize that the process had changed a little. Here are all necessary steps to take:
- Nesting groups in Active Directory
- Create home directory and grant permissions with PowerShell
- Creating an individual random password with PowerShell
- Retrieve Active Directory subnets with PowerShell
- Editing users of other domains – with PowerShell
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain
- IsMember – Check group membership in Active Directory
- Dynamic OU Groups – Assign Permissions to OUs