There are a lot of reasons why customers want to migrate from Novell eDirectory to Microsoft Active Directory. I would like to use this article to explain one of the core concerns of these projects to you. Should the Novell Client 2 be uninstalled or deactivated? What is the difference between these options?
In Microsoft’s Active Directory groups are used to manage permissions and access to shares and apps. But with a big number of users accounts the group management becomes time-consuming for many admins. Dynamic group memberships would reduce administrative overhead here and prevent over-permissioning. But this is not a standard feature of Active Directory. This is […]
Microsoft introduced Work Folders with Windows Server 2012 R2. Since a few weeks it is also possbile to use Work Folders in Windows 7.
To administrate Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2008 or Windows 2003 systems via a Windows 7 client (SP1) Microsoft has released the Remote Sever Administration tools (RSA) in a special version. You can download RSA for Win7 here: Download RSA Tools for Windows 7 SP1 The tools can be installed on the following version of Windows 7: […]
- Retrieve Active Directory subnets with PowerShell
- Editing users of other domains – with PowerShell
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain
- IsMember – Check group membership in Active Directory
- Dynamic OU Groups – Assign Permissions to OUs
- Mobile Video Streaming Server with Windows 10
- AD Administration in the new Azure Portal
- Novell Migration: Migrate Critical Legacy Applications with OpenLDAP Proxy