During an AD domain migration in a customer environment I faced the problem that group permissions for file shares did not work any more. This is why.
Everyone planning a domain migration probably has to deal with Active Directory SID Filtering sooner or later. While setting up an Active Directory Forest Trust, I came upon an interesting difference.
For the purpose of an Active Directory Migration first one or more domains are created parallel to the existing Active Directory structure. After the establishment of the target environment user and group accounts are migrated to the new environment. Usually, migration tools are used for setting the SID history attribute for this purpose. Through the […]
- Creating an individual random password with PowerShell
- Retrieve Active Directory subnets with PowerShell
- Editing users of other domains – with PowerShell
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain
- IsMember – Check group membership in Active Directory
- Dynamic OU Groups – Assign Permissions to OUs
- Mobile Video Streaming Server with Windows 10
- AD Administration in the new Azure Portal