This article is about the NTFS permission Creator Owner. First you will find a short introduction into NTFS permissions and a description of the Creator Owner authorisation. Learn about the possible risks of changing the permissions of a user and how you can avoid them.
With Windows 7, the behavior of Windows Explorer while moving files and directories seems to have changed. So far, we had the following rules: Moving files on the same NTFS-volume – permissions on the source folder remained valid. Copying files on the same NTFS-volume – permissions from the target folder were inherited. Hannes already explained […]
During the migrations of user profiles at a customer’s, we came across an interesting fact: The user running the copy process became the owner of the folder in the target by default. However our tool was supposed to set the ownership on the AD user who owned the folder before the migration.
- Nesting groups in Active Directory
- Create home directory and grant permissions with PowerShell
- Creating an individual random password with PowerShell
- Retrieve Active Directory subnets with PowerShell
- Editing users of other domains – with PowerShell
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain
- IsMember – Check group membership in Active Directory
- Dynamic OU Groups – Assign Permissions to OUs