In this article, I would like to explain how LDAP proxy is a way to migrate “unmigratable” applications. The subject matters especially for critical legacy applications which have to be changed in the context of a Novell Migration. So let’s start the step-by-step tutorial for OpenLDAP proxy.
Dell Software released a new version of Migration Manager for Active Directory 8.13 (former QMM). The new 8.13 version offers new functionality regarding a migration to Exchange 2016.
In almost every Active Directory migration project the following question comes up at one point or another: Are the Domain Local Groups (DLG) migrated or not?
A couple of weeks ago I had to migrate about 5,000 clients from Novell OES eDirectory to an Active Directory domain. None of the workstations were members of a NT- or AD-domain at that time. But still ADMT was our tool of choice.
For the purpose of an Active Directory Migration first one or more domains are created parallel to the existing Active Directory structure. After the establishment of the target environment user and group accounts are migrated to the new environment. Usually, migration tools are used for setting the SID history attribute for this purpose. Through the […]
- Create home directory and grant permissions with PowerShell
- Creating an individual random password with PowerShell
- Retrieve Active Directory subnets with PowerShell
- Editing users of other domains – with PowerShell
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain
- IsMember – Check group membership in Active Directory
- Dynamic OU Groups – Assign Permissions to OUs
- Mobile Video Streaming Server with Windows 10