It is common knowledge that by setting the configuration “Managed By” and “Manager can update membership list”, users can be authorized to administrate members of a mailing list in Microsoft Outlook. However, it gets complicated when multiple persons should be able to update members of the mailing list. But there is a solution…
Most Active Directory migrations deal with the consolidation of domains or the incorporation of new business units. The most important goal of these projects is the possible improvement of cooperation and collaboration.To achieve that as fast as possible, an Exchange First migration should be considered.
If you run QMM for Exchange you might feel the need of an automated creation of mailbox collections. To avoid the creation of hundreds of target databases, Dell (Quest) offers a tool called “Collection Management Utility“ This is what it is about and what parameters you can use.
Can you delete a mailbox immediately without removing the user from the AD? Yes, and you don’t have to wait for Exchange to do it. Read the instructions with PowerShell.
If you want to remove additional mailboxes from Outlook toolbar and the following error message pops up: “This group of folders is associated with an e-mail account. To remove the account, click the File Tab, and on the Info tab, click Account Settings. Select the e-mail account, and then click Remove.”
You can use the Autodiscover function of Microsoft Exchange outside the forest. And here is how to do it with PowerShell.
The automatic configuration of mobile devices using Active Sync can be simplified by using the user’s mail address for logging-in to the Exchange account. At the same time the automatic configuration of Outlook can be simplified if it is started over the internet instead of over the internal network.
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain
- IsMember – Check group membership in Active Directory
- Dynamic OU Groups – Assign Permissions to OUs
- Mobile Video Streaming Server with Windows 10
- AD Administration in the new Azure Portal
- Novell Migration: Migrate Critical Legacy Applications with OpenLDAP Proxy
- NTFS Creator Owner Permissions
- Adding a Windows Server 2012 R2 DC to an Existing Domain