This article is about the NTFS permission Creator Owner. First you will find a short introduction into NTFS permissions and a description of the Creator Owner authorisation. Learn about the possible risks of changing the permissions of a user and how you can avoid them.
During an AD domain migration in a customer environment I faced the problem that group permissions for file shares did not work any more. This is why.
Sometimes Read and Write permissions that users get through authorization groups do not work properly on the file servers: – Users without “Read” permissions can see folders – Users without “Write” permissions can create folders In this article I want to explain this problem a little bit more detailed and show you how to solve […]
- AD LDS Proxy Authentication
- PowerShell: Find active computer objects
- Nesting groups in Active Directory
- Create home directory and grant permissions with PowerShell
- Creating an individual random password with PowerShell
- Retrieve Active Directory subnets with PowerShell
- Editing users of other domains – with PowerShell
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain