A PowerShell script to analyze and report active and inactive AD objects. How the script was made and what to take care of.
Infrastructure Master Role and Global Catalog Microsoft recommends not making the domain controller with the infrastructural master role the Global Catalog server. But this recommendation applies only for these cases: There are several domains in the forest There are domain controllers in the same domain which are not global catalog servers.
Timestamps and changes of AD objects can be made visible with REPADMIN A well-known problem for many administrators: An error occured and when questioned what has been changed – of course ‘nothing has been changed’ will be the answer. Using the “Active Directory Users and Computers” MMC console will only reveal time and date of […]
- AD LDS Proxy Authentication
- PowerShell: Find active computer objects
- Nesting groups in Active Directory
- Create home directory and grant permissions with PowerShell
- Creating an individual random password with PowerShell
- Retrieve Active Directory subnets with PowerShell
- Editing users of other domains – with PowerShell
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain