Assigning permissions to Organizational Units (OUs) simplifies administration tasks. This is especially relevant after migrations. The following article exemplifies how you can create and use self-updating OU groups in Active Directory.
Group Management in Active Directory can be eased by using PowerShell. This time I want to explain the basic ADGroup cmdlets. ADGroup Cmdlets are used for: – creating new groups – showing groups and their attributes – changing groups’ attributes
Sometimes Read and Write permissions that users get through authorization groups do not work properly on the file servers: – Users without “Read” permissions can see folders – Users without “Write” permissions can create folders In this article I want to explain this problem a little bit more detailed and show you how to solve […]
If you want to use AD groups to assign permissions for ressources, you usually do it this way: Bind permissions to local groups Nest global or universal groups into the local groups Add users to global groups But assigning authorizations like this can have unexpected results…
In Microsoft’s Active Directory groups are used to manage permissions and access to shares and apps. But with a big number of users accounts the group management becomes time-consuming for many admins. Dynamic group memberships would reduce administrative overhead here and prevent over-permissioning. But this is not a standard feature of Active Directory. This is […]
Why did important AD groups “lost” some of their members? My task was to find out which members were missing. Well, I found something very interesting in the meta data of the Active Directory Group.
- Create home directory and grant permissions with PowerShell
- Creating an individual random password with PowerShell
- Retrieve Active Directory subnets with PowerShell
- Editing users of other domains – with PowerShell
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain
- IsMember – Check group membership in Active Directory
- Dynamic OU Groups – Assign Permissions to OUs
- Mobile Video Streaming Server with Windows 10