Office 365 comes with an own portal and therefore requires an own user administration. Most companies, however, already have their individual AD infrastructures 211. Is it possible to use or integrate Active Directory and Office 365 parallel? Yes, it is. But there is no standard way to do so.
The following example shows how to set up users in the Active Directory whose name is saved in a SQL-database with the help of PowerShell. The result of the bulk import will then be sent via mail. The script could for example create new AD-accounts from an HR database once per night.
I reviewed the AD configuration at a customer’s lately and had to deal the option “Bridge all site links”. You can find the option in the Active Directory Sites and Services configuration. Here is my brief summary for you:
Authorative and non-authorative restore Individual Active Directory objects that have been deleted accidently can be backed up proceeding an authoritative restore. You can restore single objects (OU, containers) and integrate them in the current AD. To know how, read the step by step tutorial. A non-authorative restore instead would not set back a missing / […]
Not only user accounts, but also computer accounts use passwords to log on to the domain. The computer password is set by the client and changed every 30 days. Computer account copy – Domain log-in doesn’t work In virtual environments you can easily create a copy of a computer (server or client) and also continue […]
The new blog by FirstAttribute will start in November 2013
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain
- IsMember – Check group membership in Active Directory
- Dynamic OU Groups – Assign Permissions to OUs
- Mobile Video Streaming Server with Windows 10
- AD Administration in the new Azure Portal
- Novell Migration: Migrate Critical Legacy Applications with OpenLDAP Proxy
- NTFS Creator Owner Permissions
- Adding a Windows Server 2012 R2 DC to an Existing Domain