You can automate recurrings tasks with interactive PowerShell scripts. How to query input values? How to make PS scripts interactive? An introduction to Read-Host, Confirm, PromptForChoice and Prompt
Certain programs behave differently on a terminal server than on a normal client. One of these is the Adobe Reader. And the protected mode has its specialties.
A PowerShell script to analyze and report active and inactive AD objects. How the script was made and what to take care of.
I was looking for a possibility to check and supervise the synchronization of user-objects with Quest Migration Manager for Active Directory. In addition, I was missing a good overview to answer the question: Were new user-accounts created in the target-domain? Both problems could be solved with a little Powershell script.
Today we had to search a NDS eDirectory via Powershell script. After some tests and searching the internet we found the following solution.
Many administrators use KiXtart and have developed their own login script. The script checks group memberships of the users during the log-in process to connect network drives, assign printers and so on. (new to Kixtart?) When an Active Directory group has been renamed, it might happen that the ‘InGroup’ function Kixtart does not work anymore.
Lately we found a security gap in Active Directory. We noticed that some accounts in Active Directory were active, but contained an empty password. This should not be possible if a valid password policy is in place. This is at least what I thought…
We were recently faced with the task of automatically filling an Excel 2010 document with PowerShell on a Windows 2008 R2 Server. If you are not using a english system, make sure to set the culture info to “en-US”. Otherwise you won’t be able to open an Excel 2010 document or to save it. We […]
- Nesting groups in Active Directory
- Create home directory and grant permissions with PowerShell
- Creating an individual random password with PowerShell
- Retrieve Active Directory subnets with PowerShell
- Editing users of other domains – with PowerShell
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain
- IsMember – Check group membership in Active Directory
- Dynamic OU Groups – Assign Permissions to OUs