For an Active Directory migration ACLs of a NetApp share need to be adjusted. Quest Migration Manager (QMM) allows you to adapt shares of a non-Windows server with the “VMOVER.EXE“. Unfortunately, we just received an Error:Error message 1314 – A required privilege is not held by the client.
At the moment I am supervising an AD Domain Migration with Quest Migration Manager for Active Directory 8.7 The Directory Synchronization (DAS) with more than 400,000 objects had run stable for more than 6 weeks.3 weeks ago we started getting messages about user accounts not having been migrated.With the help of the Quest support I […]
The requirements for an Intra-Forest migration are much different compared to an Inter-Forest Migration. Intra-Forest Migration: migration between domains of the same Forest. Inter-Forest Migration: migration between domains of different Forests. What is the difference and how can QMM help with the single SID problem?
For the purpose of an Active Directory Migration first one or more domains are created parallel to the existing Active Directory structure. After the establishment of the target environment user and group accounts are migrated to the new environment. Usually, migration tools are used for setting the SID history attribute for this purpose. Through the […]
- Create home directory and grant permissions with PowerShell
- Creating an individual random password with PowerShell
- Retrieve Active Directory subnets with PowerShell
- Editing users of other domains – with PowerShell
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain
- IsMember – Check group membership in Active Directory
- Dynamic OU Groups – Assign Permissions to OUs
- Mobile Video Streaming Server with Windows 10