I frequently get asked which group type can be member of which group. For this reason I decided to explain the nesting of AD groups in this article with the help of some graphical illustrations.
About Marvin Poser
This author hasn't written their bio yet.
Marvin Poser has contributed 3 entries to our website, so far.
Documentation is a very important issue – nevertheless it’s not a favorite one. With the Microsoft Active Directory Topology Diagrammer (ADTD), Microsoft offers a very helpful tool: it supports you with the creation of drawings for your documentation. It is a tool that visualizes the AD infrastructure with the help of Visio.
Let’s face the facts. Microsoft announced a German cloud last week at this year’s Technical Summit. Find out how this could affect you – questions and answers.
- PowerShell: Find active computer objects
- Nesting groups in Active Directory
- Create home directory and grant permissions with PowerShell
- Creating an individual random password with PowerShell
- Retrieve Active Directory subnets with PowerShell
- Editing users of other domains – with PowerShell
- Azure Basics: Connecting with Azure (PowerShell)
- PowerShell Custom Objects
- Logon Script does not start on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain
- IsMember – Check group membership in Active Directory